Five-Year Compressor Warranty
In addition to the standard one year parts warranty, Powers warrants to the original purchaser for a period of five years from the date of installation, that we will replace the hermetically sealed compressor on the unit if found, in the reasonable opinion of the factory, to be defective in material or workmanship. Relays, overloads, capacitors, and any other electrical components are not included in the five-year warranty. It is the owner’s responsibility to return the serial plate of the failed compressor, or the compressor itself, at the option of the factory. Failure to do so will void the warranty. Replacement of a defective compressor is limited to one (1) compressor by Powers during the five-year (5) period.
This warranty does not give the original purchaser of the refrigerated unit the right to purchase a complete replacement condensing unit of the same make or another make. It further does not permit the replacement to be made with a compressor of another make unless authorized by Powers. In the event that Powers authorizes the original purchaser to purchase a replacement compressor locally, only the wholesale cost of the compressor is refundable.
One Year Labor Warranty
Powers provides a one year service labor warranty on warranted repairs, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The warranty is in effect for one year from the date of installation.
- Factory service authorization must be obtained before any work may be performed under the labor warranty. Call Powers directly for this authorization. No claim will be honored without authorization from Powers.
- The warranty covers reasonable labor costs, based on straight time, when the unit has been diagnosed as defective.
- This warranty does not cover original installation, initial start-up, normal adjustments, or maintenance.
- Travel time for service personnel will be covered under this warranty within a reasonable radius of the installation site.
- OEM parts needed for warranty repairs can be obtained from Powers Equipment.
Defective conditions caused by abnormal use or misuse, lack of or improper maintenance, damage by third parties, alterations, acts of God, failure to follow installation, maintenance, or safety instructions, or any other event beyond the control of the Company will not be covered under this warranty. These warranties are in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied.
Powers assumes no obligation whatsoever for consequential or incidental damages, including but not limited to loss of product.